Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healing and Herbal Medicine

+2
Spock
Lady
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Healing and Herbal Medicine Empty Healing and Herbal Medicine

Post  Lady Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Helath_and_Healing: Alternative treatments, Health conspiracies that effect our way of life, food toxins, water pollution, nutritional therapy, such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids, herbs, oils & fats, fatty acids, enzymes, diet, juicing, etc. Our topics include: emerging diseases, forbidden cures, immunity boosting, bioelectrification, GE foods, candida, heavy metals, pesticides, different forms of bowel cleansing, parasites, colema, hydrotherapy, zapper therapy, magnets, oxygen therapy, Orthomolecular medicine, ways to deal with cancer, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, heart, liver, kidney, or thyroid disease, osteoporosis, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, hypertension, cholesterol, Crohns, diabetes, depression, candida, leaky gut syndrome, etc.

---------------------------------------------

Q: How can doctors and nurses use the knowledge of Shamans?

Harner: Sometimes I informally call our foundation the "University of Shamanism." I bring that up because our primary purpose is to return shamanism to the planet by training people. Many of these people are doctors and other health professionals. It is they who must discover how to integrate what they are taught into their practices. We don't have a ready template for that. Within the next few years, we hope to have a large-scale conference of health practitioners who have studied with us, to exchange information about how they have used these methods in their practice.

Q: I know the Foundation is conducting research regarding drumming and health. Can you talk about that?

Harner: Our research, thanks to a Canadian foundation, is investigating certain matters regarding shamanic journeying and drumming and health. My wife, Dr. Sandra Harner, is the director of the Shamanism and Health Project. Her research involves two major aspects, one of which is the effect of shamanic journeying and drumming on one measure of immune response and on emotions... In connection with this work, she has gotten some hints that people with certain profiles of psychological descriptors respond much more effectively in terms of the immune response than others. This is a subject, obviously, of considerable interest. She has also found that there is a tremendous increase in the sense of well being as well as decreased mood disturbance and stress in people working with shamanic drumming and journeying. But to say more would be premature... It's ironic that a system of healing that-other than using plants-is the oldest known system of healing in the world, should have no research going on in it at all, other than what we are able to do with our meager resources. I look forward to the day when the possibility of spiritual causality is not ruled out of research, so that science, in fact, can be completely scientific... We also have what the medical profession would call "anecdotal" accounts. People often come to the shamans when everybody else has failed. We have cases in which, once people start getting shamanic treatments and laboratory tests are continued, the tests turn out negative, whereas they previously were positive. The assumption from the medical profession is usually that the previous diagnoses were incorrect, because there's been a reversal. That's fine with us. After all, it's virtually impossible, on a case-by-case basis, to prove causality. People wonder, How do you know this works? Well, you just practice it for your life and it develops a track record for you.
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Healing and Herbal Medicine Empty Re: Healing and Herbal Medicine

Post  Spock Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:33 pm

Cancer Is An Infection Caused By Tuberculosis-Type Bacteria
© Alan Cantwell - 1-30-8

http://rense.com/general80/canc.htm

Why does the medical establishment ignore a century of research pointing to tuberculosis-type "acid-fast" bacteria as the cause of cancer? TB-type bacteria can be seen in specially-stained tissue sections of cancer tumors and viewed under the highest magnification of the light microscope at a magnification of 1000 times, under oil immersion. So why isn't this simple microscopic procedure performed in cancer?

As long ago as 1890, Scottish pathologist William Russell discovered "a characteristic organism of cancer" in every cancer he examined; and other pathologists of that era confirmed his findings. Yet, a century ago, the powers-that-be in medical science ignored this research and declared emphatically that bacteria were not the cause of cancer. The reasoning behind this dictum was that cancer did not act like an infectious disease, nor was it communicable. We know now this reasoning was false. Many scientists believe viruses cause cancer; and sexually- transmitted cancer-causing viruses can be passed from person-to- person as well.

For a half-century, the cancer microbe has been reported as a pleomorphic, intermittently acid-fast bacterium closely related to the acid-fast mycobacteria and to Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the acid-fast microbe that causes tuberculosis (TB). The acid-fast stain is a time-honored laboratory stain specifically used to detect TB-type mycobacteria in tissue and in culture. Virginia Livingston (1906-1990) was the foremost proponent of the bacterial cause of cancer. She was the first to discover that the acid-fast stain was the key to the detection of the cancer germ, both in tissue (in vivo) and in laboratory culture (in vitro). Livingston, along with microbiologist Eleanor Alexander- Jackson, cell cytologist Irene Diller, and chemist and TB expert Florence Seibert, all reported that the cancer germ was pleomorphic (various growth forms) and was filterable, indicating that in certain stages of its life cycle the microbe was virus-like and submicroscopic. (key words: acid-fast stain, mycobacteria, pleomorphism)

What do the bacteria in cancer look like? Cancer microbes in vivo are primarily in the cell-wall-deficient (CWD) form. As a result of the loss of a cell wall, the bacteria appear as round, coccus-like, granular forms that are found both within the cell (intracellular) and outside the cell (extracellular). Various types of bacteria may all look similar when in the CWD form. In the body and in the laboratory CWD bacteria (also known as "mycoplasma") have the amazing capacity to enlarge in size. These so-called round "large bodies" can attain the size of red blood cells and even larger. When seen in cancerous tissue these large bodies of bacteria can resemble large spore forms of yeasts and fungi, perhaps explaining why some researchers claim Candida and other fungi are the cause of cancer.

Russell's nineteenth century "parasite of cancer" is now recognized by pathologists as "Russell bodies." Pathologists generally believe these large forms are "immunoglobulins" and they do not accept them as microbial in origin. It is my contention that Russell bodies represent large, variably-sized CWD forms of bacteria in vivo; and that is why both coccal forms of CWD bacteria, as well as Russell bodies, can both be identified in cancerous tissue. (For more details and microphotographs, see my paper "The Russell body: The forgotten clue to the bacterial cause of cancer," posted on the joimr.org and the rense.com websites; and view my video lecture "The cancer microbe and the Russell body," currently available on Youtube)

Why aren't cancer bacteria recognized by pathologists and oncologists? As mentioned, bacteria were excluded a century ago, and medical science never looked back. The result was that any physician who persisted in cancer microbe research was never taken seriously and was often viewed as a medical pariah. There are less than a handful of living physicians in the world who actively promote cancer microbe research. Erik Enby is a 70 year-old Swedish physician, whose accomplishments are cited in the Wikipedia. Nevertheless, his medical license has recently been revoked by the government for his belief in cancer-causing bacteria. I am currently regarded by the Wikipedia as a "conspiracy theorist in the field of cancer microbiology."

Although largely ignored, the microbiology of cancer has a rich history. Details of this research can be found in my books, The Cancer Microbe, and Four Women Against Cancer: Bacteria, Cancer, and the Origin of Life.

At present, doctors generally regard cancer-associated bacteria as laboratory "contaminants" of no consequence, or as "secondary invaders" of diseased tissue. However, cancer bacteria can be observed in precancerous conditions and in areas distant from the tumor. In general, microbiologists have been silent regarding bacteria in cancer and some remain skeptical about bacterial pleomorphism. Over the past decade British microbiologist Milton Wainwright has written extensively about the history of the cancer microbe and his reports are easily accessible on the Net. In Current Trends in Microbiology in 2006, he wrote: "There are signs that more consideration is being given towards the potential role of non-virus microorganisms in cancer, a fact reflected in the recent appearance of major reviews on the subject, and the consideration of novel approaches such as the possible role of nanobacteria in carcinogenesis. It remains probable however, that until the potential role of non-virus microorganisms in carcinogenesis is taken seriously, and a massive research effort is directed towards determining their role in carcinogenesis, we will face another century when the solution to the enigma of cancer may be staring us in the face, only to remain ignored."

In retrospect, it was premature and irrational a century ago to discard bacteria in cancer because the science of bacteriology was in its infancy. Nothing was known about CWD forms and filterable virus-like forms of bacteria. The recent acceptance (after a century) of bacteria (Helicobacter pylori) as the cause of most stomach ulcers is a case in point. For several decades after his 1940 discovery of peculiar S-shaped bacteria in stomach ulcers, A. Stone Freedberg MD stood alone. His research was totally ignored because doctors believed that bacteria could not exist in the acid environment of the stomach. A half century later, these same bacteria were finally accepted and are now a major factor in the development of stomach cancer. Two Australian scientists (Barry Marshall and Robin Warren) received a Nobel Prize in Medicine in 2005 for proving this. Interestingly, in 1998, a new tumor-like stomach lesion was discovered called "Russell body gastritis."

In order to recognize CWD bacteria in cancer in vivo, one must know what they look like. Physicians are taught that bacteria have a certain fixed type of appearance. Most know little about the pleomorphism of CWD bacteria, particularly the acid-fast mycobacteria. In TB the microscopic appearance of the typical red- staining "acid-fast" rod-shaped bacillus of M. tuberculosis is well-known. However, the pleomorphic CWD forms of M. tuberculosis and mycobacteria look entirely different from the typical rod form. CWD forms in vivo appear primarily as small, round coccal and granular forms. They stain poorly, if at all, with the time-honored Gram stain for bacteria. In addition, the routine stain (hematoxylin-eosin stain) used by pathologists to diagnose cancer is not suitable to demonstrate CWD bacteria. To demonstrate the typical red-staining rods of M. tuberculosis, an "acid-fast" stain in required.

Likewise, in cancer an acid-fast stain is necessary. However, in cancer it is almost impossible to find acid-fast rods typical of mycobacteria. As a result of all this, CWD bacteria in cancer are not recognized; and the large body forms are passed over as Russell bodies of dubious significance. Examples of the microscopic appearance of intra- and extracellular cancer microbes in acid-fast stained tissue sections (viewed at a magnification of 1000 times, in oil) are shown in breast cancer, lung cancer, Hodgkin's disease (lymphoma), Kaposi's sarcoma, AIDS-related immunoblastic sarcoma, and prostate cancer in Figures 1-7. Note that the microscopic appearance of CWD bacteria in vivo appears similar in various types of cancer, and consists primarily of small coccoid forms, resembling the size and shape of ordinary staphylococci.

Can the cancer microbe be seen in diseases other than cancer? Further complicating the bacteriology of cancer is the observation that similar-appearing microbes can be seen in vivo in certain chronic diseases, such as lupus, scleroderma, sarcoidosis, and others.(For details, consult my papers posted on the joimr.org website.) Livingston claimed that all human beings carried cancer microbes; and she postulated these microbes were closely connected with the origin of life. In the healthy state these microbes caused no harm and were beneficial. However, when the immune system was weakened, these bacteria were capable of inducing a variety of human illnesses, including cancer. CWD bacteria may prove to be the cause of many illnesses currently regarded as "of unknown etiology." Because submicroscopic forms of CWD bacteria are virus-sized, they may be confused with ordinary viruses. CWD bacteria are also resistant to antibiotics and are difficult (if not impossible) to eradicate or subdue, at least in the current state of our knowledge.

Are these microbes the true cause of cancer? Although bacteria can be identified in cancer, there are obviously other well-known factors that can induce cancer, such as sunlight in skin cancer, smoking in lung cancer, radiation-induced cancer, etc. But in each case it may require these ever-present bacteria to induce the cellular changes of cancer. The demonstration that these microbes are found within the cell and even within the nucleus (as shown by Irene Diller) indicates that these agents may access the genetic material of the cell, thereby transforming the cell to a cancerous state. In this respect, CWD forms may act like viruses. Studies by Douglas Robinson MD show that bacteria (like viruses) may swap genes back and forth between the infected cell and the microbe.

If cancer is finally accepted as an infection with bacteria it could explain why some people develop two or more different kinds of cancer in their lifetime. At present, physicians believe each type of cancer is different, each requiring its own special type of treatment. Because physicians do not believe in the existence of a cancer microbe, there has been no therapy devised to treat this infection. In my view, Virginia Livingston's greatest contribution was her observation that the microbe could be detected in all cancers in vivo with an acid-fast stain. Only when physicians learn to recognize and accept these infectious bacteria in cancer can we begin to design appropriate therapies against them.
Spock
Spock

Back to top Go down

Post  Spock Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:34 pm

Hermes Wrote:
I was thinking of bacteria and fungi too Kris, great info you posted.

From a cloud's point of view, if you think about, we are all microscopic beings, like bacteria, cleaning and doing our job on earth, some of us get out of hand and become toxic. Also another thing is that bacteria is a lot smarter than fungi. Wherever you find bacteria you find fungi, so go figure they would think fungus causes cancer.

Some info on the most common fungi:
Candidiasis is not a disease in itself; it is a condition indicating an internal imbalance. Candida overgrowth is a vicious cycle. Our diets are full of sugars that feed the yeast. In women, pregnancy and the use of birth control pills create horomonal changes that encourage yeast overgrowth.

Antibiotics, found extensively in our food supply and prescribed by doctors, kill not only the bad bacteria but also the friendly bacteria that normally inhabit our tissues, so this sets up an environment where the yeast can multiply uncontrollably. A normal strong immune system can keep yeast under control. But when yeast do overgrow, they release toxins, which weaken the immune system. At this point the immune system can no longer defend against germs, bacteria and viruses, so these organisms multiply and quickly invade tissues and organs, causing infections. If you take antibiotics to get rid of these infections, the cycle starts all over.

If you do start a cleanse to get rid of the yeast, you may get a sore throat, skin erruptions, headaches, flu symptoms, aches, pains, depression, lethargy, skin rashes, etc. This is the Herxheimer die-off reaction. As the yeast die off and exit through normal body channels, they release toxins that cause these symptoms. This may call for an enema or a visit to the colon therapist, as this will greatly shorten and minimize any discomfort at the first sign of cleansing! http://www.bodyecologydiet.com/

Last edited by Qui-Gon on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Spock
Spock

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobber Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:01 am

I had to stop eating bread and sugar (and drinking milk) as these things produced candida in my intestines.

I drink kefir/yoghurt sometimes though. And occasionally a pizza.

I shouldn't drink beer either, but I love it too much.

Very Happy
Bobber
Bobber

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:29 am

Bobber ....... I miss you. Let's face it, these forums are time consuming. I'm praying your new path takes you there. I hope you will come back and share your experiences with us some time.
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi Lady,
I can't seem to find our posts about acupuncture!
Well, I absolutely 100% recommend acupuncture and chinese herbs are extremely potent and effective.
The problem lies in me, (way out there, you would say messed up) not the treatment, so I'm not in any way against acupuncture for others.
It's difficult to find a good one, I've been fortunate to see ones that can tell right off the bat what is going on, just by looking at me. Some take your pulse or look at your tongue.

I was going to go to school for either acupunture or naturopathic doctor, but decided to go with permaculture and botany. I think that will help me to survive even better. I need to learn how to sustain myself in a different way, even though medicinal plants are a big help and I love to experiment with them.
A recommended doctor of oriental medicine, looks like the media got a hold of him.
Ted Kaptchuk, OMD

http://www.pbs.org/saf/1307/features/kaptchuk.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Web-That-Has-Weaver-Understanding/dp/0809228408

Last edited by ocelotl on Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:26 pm

Ocelotl ... It's hard to find a practical pursuit in college. It's great you're learning permaculture. I have had excellent health and no reason to need alternative medicine or acupuncture. I know very little about these subjects, so I appreciate your input.

I like the research Ted Kaptchuk is doing on the placebo effect. I think the placebo effect is the ability we have to heal ourselves with our minds. He asks if the placebo effect is plastic, and I definitely believe it is. I like what he writes about ritual and the placebo effect:
The idea of ritual is what science detests. The scientific
revolution is about getting rid of culturally embedded behaviors,
uncovering natural universals. A drug is a natural universal.
Penicillin works in Africa or Asia. A ritual depends on belief,
religion and imagination. Ritual is specific to culture. Placebo
effect is presumably about the appearance of things, the belief
in things, the ritual of things. There is something inherently
unscientific about it.
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  feish Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:41 pm

Hey Ocelotl,

Permaculture is a great way to go. I just got done digging a little bed in my family's back yard, that I'm gonna try and grow some veggies in this year. Any tips or suggestions would be more than welcome. Smile

I watched a whole lot of cool videos on this guy Seph Holzer from Austria who has turned a mountainside into a permaculture oasis. Fifteen hundred meters above sea level and he's growing lemons and other tropical type fruit in huge terraced raised beds. He's got fish ponds on top of the hill, all sorts of stuff growing on the terraces below. He created micro climates up to five zones above what the rest of the area has. Really amazing stuff. He just seeds the whole place with one special mix and watches the results come up.

Last year I started a job working for a nursery. Started at the retail side but now I'm in the back working with the plants. The boss refuses to spray any pesticides. A really great guy with a good environmental conscience. I'm lucky to have found the place. I'm trying to learn as much as I can on the subjects of botany and permaculture in my spare time.
feish
feish

Back to top Go down

Post  joann Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:09 am

I can't seem to find our posts about acupuncture!

Ocelotl ...... Check in the Secret Chamber/Healing Secrets.
joann
joann

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 am

Qui-Gon ......

I know how much time people spend on forums writing and editing their posts. I could never just trash all their efforts. That's like throwing away peops creative projects.

I sent a link to Tesla & Quod Est Veratis at PP, but now the link is gone from their inboxes since the whole forum went down. Uri just asked me for the link to New Castle, and I'm glad she has it. Uri posted some beautiful images with poetry and centered text. Those posts took lots of time and creative energy. I could never just throw them away.

Last edited by Lady on Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Dice Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:49 pm

I know I know.....but I am a Mandala myself,
one day the wind will blow me into the 4 corners of the world too...

....releasing my spirit free and easy to explore another dream.

Until then let us CREATE more Poetry.... I love you
Dice
Dice

Back to top Go down

Post  Spock Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:21 pm

One Week's Worth of Food Around Our Planet

Healing and Herbal Medicine Image001
Japan: The Ukita family of Kodaira City
Food expenditure for one week:
37,699 Yen or $317.25

Healing and Herbal Medicine Image002
Italy: The Manzo family of Sicily
Food for one week:
214.36 Euros or $260.11
Favorite foods: fish, pasta with ragu, hot dogs, frozen fish sticks

Healing and Herbal Medicine Image003
Germany: The Melander family of Bargteheide
Food expenditure for one week: 375.39 Euros or $500.07

Healing and Herbal Medicine Image004
United States: The Revis family of North Carolina
Food expenditure for one week: $341.98
Favorite foods:
spaghetti, potatoes, sesame chicken

Healing and Herbal Medicine Image005
Mexico: The Casales family of Cuernavaca
Food expenditure for one week: 1,862.78 Mexican Pesos or $189.09
Favorite foods: pizza, crab, pasta, chicken

Healing and Herbal Medicine Image006
Poland: The Sobczynscy family of Konstancin-Jeziorna
Food for one week:
582.48 Zlotys or $151.27
Family recipe:
Pig's knuckles with carrots, celery and parsnips

Healing and Herbal Medicine Image007
Egypt: The Ahmed family of Cairo
Food for one week:
387.85 Egyptian Pounds or $68.53
Family recipe:
Okra and mutton

Healing and Herbal Medicine Image008
Ecuador: The Ayme family of Tingo Food expenditure: $31.55
Family recipe :
Potato soup with cabbage

Healing and Herbal Medicine Image009
Bhutan: The Namgay family of Shingkhey Village
Food expenditure for one week: 224.93 ngultrum or $5.03
Family recipe:
Mushroom, cheese and pork

Healing and Herbal Medicine 11
Kuwait: The Al Haggan family of Kuwait City
Food expenditure for one week
: 63.63 dinar or $221.45
Family recipe: Chicken biryani with basmati rice

Healing and Herbal Medicine 12
China: The Dong family of Beijing
: 1,233.76 Yuan or $155.06
Favorite foods: fried shredded pork with sweet and sour sauce

Healing and Herbal Medicine 13
United States: The Caven family of California
: $159.18
Favorite foods: beef stew, berry yogurt sundae, clam chowder, ice cream

Healing and Herbal Medicine 14
Mongolia: The Batsuuri family of Ulaanbaatar
: 41,985.85 togrogs or $40.02
Family recipe
: Mutton dumplings

Healing and Herbal Medicine 15
Great Britain: The Bainton family of Cllingbourne Ducis
: 155.54 British Pounds or $253.15
Favorite foods
: avocado, mayonnaise sandwich, prawn cocktail,
chocolate fudge cake with cream

Healing and Herbal Medicine Image010
Chad: The Aboubakar family of Breidjing Camp
Food expenditure for one week:
685 CFA Francs or $1.23
Favorite foods:
soup with fresh sheep meat
Spock
Spock

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:01 pm

United States: Lee Vogt, California beach bum
Food expenditure for one week: about 20 bucks
Favorite foods: Oatmeal with raisens, Spinach, Tuna fish sandwich, assorted fruit juices, Progresso Hearty Tomatoe Soup, raisin toast, chocolate
Healing and Herbal Medicine VegasCourtReporter

Last edited by Lady on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:13 pm; edited 5 times in total
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Ciggy wrote:You got yer own farm there, Lady?
Yeah, it's called Ralph's Supermarket.

Solid white albacore @ $1.00 a can

Ruby-red Grapefruit & Tangerine juice @ $1.87

I don't cost much to keep around, Ciggy Wink
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Spock Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:06 pm

Big Pharma is now going after your pets - did you know your dog has a "brain chemistry disorder" requiring chemical treatment? For more cartoons, visit http://www.naturalnews.com/index-cartoons.html

Healing and Herbal Medicine Conquerors_c_600
Spock
Spock

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:20 pm

What kind of foods do you all like? I'll eat anything, don't care what it is..........I was taught not to eat in front of someone else I don't know because you don't know if they are hungry. So if I see any homeless people when I go out to eat, I always get them some food. And I always share my food with everyone.
I can live on some raw milk, raw butter and some raw meat once in a while, all from a healthy animal, but I need carbs because I have a high metabolism.
About being a complete vegan.......
I've never met one that is not extremely moody, they always have to eat some dairy, like cheese or eggs to feel better.
I think that not eating animals would be the ideal way to go, but when it comes to the truth, we need to survive and animal products, especially meat is what will save us and we know that instinctually, that's why we can turn into cannibals.
I recommend watching the documentary: Our Daily Bread. Not for the sqeeumish. Unbelievable what's happening to our fellow animals.

Last edited by ocelotl on Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:33 pm

Just read that cartoon, not so funny. Reminds me that I have to confront some legislatures who I would like to write a bill to and have them look at it, so I can drink me raw milk!!
--------------
I think Dice was talked about detoxing from the metals in the chemtrails. I just wanted to note that one of the first signs of poisoning is getting floaters in your eyes. When you see things floating around. If it's really bad your body starts to shut down bigtime you also get real bad brain fog, luckily you can recover from this.
I think Lady has some mercury fillings, if they are cracked or broken, get them out asap.
------------
Getting a complex metal detox with minerals and herbs and amino acids is great. If it's really bad you will need to get injections of heavy duty chelators, like EDTA, UNDER supervision though.
And the best thing, believe it or not to get out these poisons would be to eat GOOD, RAW fat. People who eat this are the healthiest in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:01 pm

Allergy Alert:

A lot of us think we have a bad cold when it's really allergies, know when your season starts, usually right at the end of winter.

To tell if it is allergies: Having a Cold has the exact same symptoms(and same lousy feelings)as allergies, EXCEPT for any digestive disturbances, then it is most likely allergies. Of course the ITCHY eyes will tell you right away.

Stress is the biggest factor in causing you to get allergies. Same thing with a cold, but usually has to do with a weak immune system.

So make sure you take care of stress levels at this time, take local bee pollen before allergy season. Build up, start off with a few granules. And taking homeopathic or herbal remedies are good if you get symptoms.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:54 pm

Ocelotl ...... Stress is a killer. My job was killing me. I'm gonna get those fillings out. Only reason I haven't is I'm cheap......okay, and I don't like the dentist's office.

People mistake colds for allergies. Allergens weaken our immune system and make us more suseptible to catching a cold. An allergy can quickly turn into a cold. People don't realize the allergy brought the cold on.

I don't know if this is true, but I heard that allergic reactions indicate a strong immune system. In other words, when something bad for you comes near, your body tries to get rid of it by sneezing, etc. It's literally your immune system in action. If you have strong allergic reactions and a good immune system, hopefully your body will fight the cancer or toxin in sort of the same way. But during the time you're having the allergic reaction, your immune system is weakened, because your immune system is working over time. That's why it's important to keep those identified allergens and toxins away.

Perfume makes me wheeze and gives me headaches, so I stay away from it. I have to hold my breath and run by perfume counters. Car exhaust makes me feel the same way.

Last edited by Lady on Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Spock Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:10 pm

I might get a few things from the online market. I did some research and found few places to get best prices. Mike Adams convinced me on BOKU. He negotiated 50% for readers of NaturalNews. He says he is clean, meaning no financial ties.

- Camu Camu Juice (Dynamic Health)
- Superfood (BOKU superfood)
- Colloidal Silver (Source Naturals)

Let me know if you had any experience with any of the above.
Spock
Spock

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:26 pm

I used to take camu camu, it's tasty and has zing. I would recommend doing the camu camu and a 100% wolfberry drink, and get your probiotics and enzymes from fermented foods and drinks. Taking a multi vitamin once and a while, but not everyday is good. Alternating your supplements and experiencing with them you might get better results. Sometimes you get more energy or other benefits when mixing. And adding seaweed to your diet is great.
Doing this is better than any green drink and less expensive too. Eating grapefruit increases the dosage of everything so you might want to take less if you eat this.
wolfberry juice
http://www.seacoastvitamins.com/product_info.php?products_id=1311

I only see one ingredient in that BOCU mix that makes it different from other mix drinks and that is maca. Maca seems to benefit women going through menopuase the most.

Anyone heard of this juice, too bad it has some not so good ingredients.
The Ningxia juice is great but it has preservatives in it and when you mix them with ascorbic acid you can get DNA damage. It's also expensive because of the citrus extract.

Ningxia Red
Ingredients:

Ingredients: Whole Ningxia wolfberry (lyceum barbarum) puree, Blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum) juice, Pomegranate (Punica granatum) juice, Apricot (Prunus armeniaca) juice, Raspberry (Rubus idaeus) juice, Organic blue agave (A. tequilana) nectar, Grape (Vitis vinifera) seed, skin, and stem, Lemon (Citrus limon)† rind, Orange (Citrus sinensis)† rind, ascrobic acid, natural blueberry flavor, potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate.
http://www.ningxiajuice.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:52 pm

Hi Feish,
It's wonderful that you can learn about permaculture. I'm new at it too. I join local farms and volunteer if I can. The vegetables are so good and have so much more life!
Learning how to live off of Gaia, respectivily, and taking care of yourself is great.
Lady,
THe immune system is complex, sometimes it can overeact and you don't want that to happen. If you can become immune that would be the best way to go so your body doesn't have to do all the work.
I wonder what the geneticists are up to on this subject.

Back to top Go down

Post  feish Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:06 pm

It's great, good idea to volunteer at local farms. I'll have to try that myself. I've been trying to do it all by myself, but I find if you get involved with others it's easier to keep at it. Better motivation. I'm reading books and I've got a little garden set up in my backyard. I also just ordered the new seeds of change catalogue. It will be great to be able to grow my own veggies this year. I can't believe how expensive some organics are at the grocery store.

My immune system is causing me all sorts of greif these days. Now that I'm over my february flu, or whatever the hell I had, my teeth are acheing. I think my body is readjusting itself to a new paradigm or something. I feel like by the time the summer is here I will be doing amazing though. I'm looking foreward to it.

Smile
feish
feish

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:57 pm

Excellent garden idea, feish!
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, just curious to know what your symptoms were?

Dinner's almost ready, everyone to the table!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  feish Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:26 am

Started out slow, just a creeping feeling of unease, smoking pot caused agitation and paranoia. Next morning, I awoke freezing cold, with no energy, complete lack of appetite, emotionally drained. Lost fifteen pounds in two or three days, couldn't eat, felt extemely paranoid, anxious, depressed. Lost interest in all hobbies and passtimes. It was similar, though not exactly the same, to an experience I had back in the winter of 2001, when the cognitive dissonance of living in our insane society caught up with my malnourished psyche and kicked my consciousness down depression, anxiety lane for a month or three. It wasn't as bad as that though, probably because I know now not to eat crap, and have some experience in philosophy and mental hygene.

This was all at the beginning of february. Now I am finally feeling normal again, though different. It was like a dark night of the soul that lasted a whole month. I quit smoking pot completely, which had been a daily ritual for several years up to then, so that may have had some effect as well.

Strangely, what set it off was taking a long walk in the rain. I was feeling a little scetchy so I decided to walk home from town, which takes three hours or so (I ussually would bus it). On the way I listened to a radio show about archons, which really captivated me, but may have put me on edge, due to my feeling weird combined with it's shocking premise and unusual conclusions.
feish
feish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next